24/7 Emergency Care in Bonita Springs
Our dedicated veterinarians at Southwest Florida Veterinary Specialists are specially trained in emergency medicine. We provide quality, compassionate care 24 hours, 7 days a week.
What To Do In An Emergency
Knowing what to expect will make the process easier for both you and your pet once you arrive at our emergency pet hospital. Read and follow these steps:
Call Ahead If You Can
Get To Our Office Right Away
You'll be taken to an exam room by one of our team members. If you have not already done so, you'll be asked to complete our New Patient Form. A veterinary technician will triage your pet before a veterinarian performs a full exam.
Once a veterinarian at our 24-hour animal hospital has assessed your pet, a treatment plan will be developed to provide your pet the best possible treatment. We will update your primary care veterinarian regarding your pet's medical history to ensure seamless, integrated care that meets your pet's needs.
Animal Emergency FAQs
In situations that may be potentially life-threatening or require immediate medical attention, our emergency vets in Bonita Springs administer emergency veterinary care.
- What is considered an emergency?
The following situations are considered emergencies and will need immediate care. If your pet has been in an accident or is experiencing any of these symptoms, bring them to our emergency hospital right away.
- Bleeding that hasn't stopped, or severe bleeding
- Choking, difficulty breathing or continuous coughing/gagging
- Heatstroke or heat stress
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Pain associated with passing feces or urinating, or inability to pass feces or urinate
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in urine
- Obvious signs of extreme anxiety or pain
- Staggering and/or seizures
- Severe lameness, fractured bones or inability to remove legs
- You know or suspect your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; more than two episodes in 24-hours
- What emergency services do you offer?
At our emergency animal hospital in Bonita Springs, your four-legged family members will receive state-of-the-art emergency care. We are equipped to provide specialized diagnostics, hospitalization and a complete range of surgical services.
- Do I need to call ahead?
It is always best to call us ahead of your arrival if you can, but we understand emergency situations can develop very quickly and that it is not always possible to notify us ahead of time.
Please do not hesitate to bring your pet to our clinic for immediate veterinary medical attention if your situation does not allow time for you to call.
- When is your emergency clinic open?
We are open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Similar to a human emergency department, the pace at a veterinary emergency hospital can be unpredictable and you may need to wait.
We are not able to predict which cases we will see and when they will arrive, but we prioritize cases based on medical needs.
We offer a comfortable area for waiting and will do our best to keep you updated regarding wait times and your pet's status.
- Will you keep in touch with our primary care veterinarian?
Yes, we will keep your primary care veterinarian up to date with your pet's medical history and files to ensure your pet gets integrated, seamless care.
Our 24-Hour Emergency Vets in Bonita Springs
Our emergency veterinarians are equipped and qualified to provide attentive emergency care 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Have a pet emergency but are unable to transport your pet? Southwest Florida Veterinary Specialists has a fully equipped ambulance with a highly qualified mobile medical team. Contact Us What are ambulance services for pets? At Southwest Florida Veterinary Specialists, we know that finding transportati...Read more »